Today I went for an appointment with my Obstetrician. He used that dobbler thing and found the baby's heartbeat right away. I was sure relieved to hear it as I am such a worry wort! He said that everything seems to be going as planned and that I could come off those pills once again. I hope that it is for good this time! He also said that if I have not told everyone, now would be the time. I guess that the baby has made it though the highest risk period. He then gave me a package full of useful information about pregnancy, babies and delivering in the Grey Nuns hospital. I am guessing that they wait until after the 1st trimester to hand these out.When I walked in the office the nurse game me this pamphlet. I read it and thought that I would ask the doctor what he recommended. He would not give me a straight answer. He just responded to say that the experts are recommending that pregnant women get the shot. When I pursued a little further he started explaining a story to me about some comedian on tv who did everything that the gov't told them because the gov't is always right. Shayne and I decided that I will wait for a little while and see.
So glad the first highest risk part is over! Over 33% done, before you know it we'll be at May 5th already :)
ReplyDeleteWow, I am sooooo happy and excited for both of you, and yes I am excited for me to be a Gramma as well! That's awesome that the babies heartbeat is strong! It is also fantastic that you can come off the pills, you must be getting excited, freaked out and a whole whack
ReplyDeleteof emotions!
The due date is May 5th? An early b'day gift for me!! lol
Ya, the emotions are really strange. One minute we are excited, the next we are scared and then we are worried! The big day is supposed to be May 5th, so mark your calendar!
ReplyDeleteI can understand your up-and-down emotions ...I'd be exactly the same way but hopefully you'll have more peace now that you're past the high-risk part.
ReplyDeleteThe H1N1 flu shot is so conversial...did you read the e-mail Auntie Cathy forwarded about it? Your Dr. probably isn't allowed to say "no, you don't need to get the H1N1 flu shot" but by telling you the story he did, I'd say that is the closest he could come to saying it isn't necessary. Also, I think if your Dr. wanted his patients to get the shot, he would have said, "we" or "I" am recommending it..., not "the experts".
I really can't believe the hype over it.
At the beginning of all this H1N1 scare, they were saying that people who have had the regular flu shots in past years had less resistance to the H1N1 flu so my thinking is the more flu shots you get, the less resistance you have to any new flu that comes along in the future.