Today we went to the football game. I like to go, but I have a hard time following some of the rules. I understand the basics, but the penalties seem really complicated to pick out. I also really enjoy watching the cheerleaders. It can be scary to watch, as I am afraid that they might get dropped! They always put on a fantastic show. Normally they were much skimpier clothing, but it was retro night tonight.It always gets exciting when the Esks score a touchdown. These firefighter drive around the whole stadium in a firtruck throwing mini footballs into the crowd. I must say that you should always keep your eyes on them even when they have passed your seat. One time they came by and Shayne was standing up taking a picture, blocking my view of them. I was just waiting patiently for him to sit down so I could see... and... thump. The football hit me right on my eyebrow. Let me tell you that they throw pretty hard! Shayne just grabbed the ball and handed it to the little girl sitting next to me. It was the right thing to do, but maybe a little concern for his wife would have been great!
In my defense, I had no idea you got hit with a ball until you told me afterward. Since you were fine it was pretty funny to think about afterward though.
ReplyDeleteIf I would have known it hit you in the face I would have probably kept the ball at least. A souvenir at least for you discomfort.
Sorry Sandy but I am laughing here! That is quite the event to happen and only to have your football given away! I bet that really made that little girls day though.
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhh...ouch, ouch! Good thing you didn't get hit right in the eye, that probably would have given you a black eye.
ReplyDeleteThose girls are being held up by one foot...whoa!!
I don't understand football at all.