Today I went for a tour of the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium with work. We manage the floor plans and since it was recently renovated, they arranged for us to see the results. It was really neat seeing the dressing rooms and backstage. They also took us up into the rafters where the lights are. Considering I am petrified of heights it was a real challenge for me. I could not look at my feet or I would have had a panic attack. Even though it was interesting to see, I don't think that I would ever do that again! As you might have guessed I did not take this photo as there was no time for pictures on the tour!Last week I had a meeting at the Legislative Building. Legislative Assembly and Executive council are part of my portfolio so I was lucky enough to be invited. It took place in the "Oval Room" and it was very regal. I have never been in the Legislative Building so I was just amazed at the beautiful architecture. After the meeting was finished, the LEG parking coordinator took us for a tour through the Premiers office. It is huge and just like you would picture it. It was an awesome experience.
Wow, what an experience! Lucky duck! lol I'd love to see places such as you did, mind you being where you work at was a real experience for me!
ReplyDeleteThat does sound pretty awesome. Especially seeing the Premiers office. Too bad you couldn't sneak any pictures of that.
ReplyDeleteAlthough... maybe not. I imagine you could get arrested for something like that if you weren't careful. Security and all that jazz.
ReplyDeleteI sure wouldn't want to see that! I'd have to bake a cake and put a file in it! :-)
ReplyDeleteLucky you! I would love to see those places! And now I'm interested to know what exactly you do at work. :-)
ReplyDeleteI mean, is is accounting and/or budgeting for places such as these? I bet it's interesting work...whatever it is.
ReplyDeleteForgive me for one more comment but I went back and read this again and it says you manage the floor plans. Don't know what that means, but I still bet it's interesting. :-)
ReplyDelete