Sunday, September 23, 2012

Progress

My good friend borrowed me this fertility elephant last time that I got pregnant with Elyssa and she borrowed it to me last week again. I don't know why this elephant brings me comfort because I am not a superstitious person but I was soo glad when she offered it to me again.

Yesterday I went to Calgary to see how my body was taking to the medicine. I got up at 4 am, drove to Calgary and got some pretty good news. Everything is going as planned and I am officially in menopause again! This is the third time that I have been in menopause and I am not even 35! Anyway, they said that everything is going as planned and I can start the next medicine today. Now I am on 3 injections per day and three different pills. I am a walking pharmacy! I am starting to feel the effects but know that this is wayyyy worth it!

4 comments:

  1. Elyssa sure was interested in the new addition to your end table. She's so used to all the animals belonging to her she even tried to sneak it out of our room a couple times.

    That sure is a lot of needles, I can't imagine having to do them all. You are doing so well considering how much medication they got you on. Only a few more weeks hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy you are an amazing lady, I got a lump in my throat reading your post tonight. Huge hugs sent your way, nothing like a virtual hug eh? If you need anything at all please call, email or text me. Maybe an evening out to take your mind off of this for a few hours? You name it and if I can do anything at all for you, please know I'm here.

    I'm smiling at Shayne's comment about Elyssa trying to take your elephant out of your room. Looks like Grammy is going to have to go shopping as soon as I get back into the city. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We might take you up on that offer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime I'm available Sandy you bet!

    ReplyDelete