My Papa passed away last year and before they sold his house my Mom took some plants for us to plant in our backyards. I guess that my Moms did not make it through the winter. I asked her the other day what type of plant it is and she said that she could not remember! So now I have no idea what is growing in my back yard. I know that he had potatoes, so could this be potatoes? Who knows!Wednesday, June 3, 2009
The Mysterious Plants
My Papa passed away last year and before they sold his house my Mom took some plants for us to plant in our backyards. I guess that my Moms did not make it through the winter. I asked her the other day what type of plant it is and she said that she could not remember! So now I have no idea what is growing in my back yard. I know that he had potatoes, so could this be potatoes? Who knows!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That would be pretty funny if they ended up being potatoes! Don't you have to replant potatoes each year though? Hopefully it's a flowering plant of some type.
ReplyDeleteYes you do have to replant potatoes each and every year, they are not perenials. My best guess is that these are... I want to say Gladiolias (sp?) but I'm not sure or they could be peoniese (again sp?. I can't wait to see what they are!
ReplyDeleteThey're definitely not potatoes. lol My guess is some kind of lily. I don't know if cala lillies grow here but maybe tiger lillies or lily of the valley. It's going to be fun to see what they turn out to be (hope you show us)! :-)
ReplyDeleteSo when I went to Home Depot I tried to find a plant with leaves like this - but had no luck. I'm wondering now though if they are tulips?
ReplyDeleteI'm sure enough now that these are tulips that I'd put money on it...anyone wanna bet? :-)
ReplyDeleteI don't think that the are tulips. I think that my Mom has tulips and they have already bloomed. Maybe I am wrong, I guess time will tell. Right now they have these little white bells on them.
ReplyDelete