
I have been trying for a few weeks to take a picture of our new curtains. I have tried in the morning, during the day and at night. These curtains change so much with different light. Even this picture does not truly show their colors.
I loved my sheers and Shayne despised them and called them laser curtains, so we came to a compromise.
We also bought that new palm tree beside the t.v. when we were at Ikea last weekend with my sisters kids. We bought the pot at Walmart and the lady there said that these are very sensitive trees. It is not in one of those miracle pots, so who knows how long I will be able to keep it!
I like what you've done with this room Sandy, it looks great!
ReplyDeleteI agree - it does look great! And what a good photographer you are to keep trying to get the lighting right! It looks great to me (the lighting and the room both)!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the plant. I learned from one of my cousin's blogs that you can get a "watering stick" that will measure whether the plants need water or not...maybe you want to get one of those (I know I want to get some for my outdoor plants...don't have indoor ones right now). I'd also recommend some fertilizer...just follow directions on the container. And maybe talk to it once in a while, but don't be grouchy with it. :-)
Death to the laser curtains! :) I'm really happy with the setup. It's nice and quick to take off the tie downs if it gets too bright and just as quick to put them back up.
ReplyDeleteI remember Auntie Cathy telling me about talking to her plants when I was a kid. I wonder if she still does it? At the time I thought it was crazy, but I guess the science behind it is that plants need carbon dioxide and that is what we exhale. Then they give off oxygen for us. What a perfect little system nature has created forus! :)