Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Father's Day


On Father's Day my Mom and Dad were on vacation in California. When they got back we asked my Dad what he wanted to do for Father's Day. Of course he wanted us all to go camping in Saskatchewan, so on July 3 that is what we did. It was recomended to Shayne to take a different way to Jack Fish Lake through a town called Turttleford. It was just as beautiful as taking the ferry. The drive was exciting because we saw a cariboo farm (or so Shayne says they were) and a buffalo farm. I have never seen these animals so close so it was a real treat for me. The first night it was just Shayne and I so we just unpacked, and had a fire with smokies.

5 comments:

  1. This looks like it's out of a movie! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that drive. I think it's even better than the other way since it's mostly paved. Too bad we didn't see any turtles in Turtleford ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Shayne.

    It is beautiful! How long did it take to get there this way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is about the same time both ways, about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, that's not a bad little drive at all. I imagined it would have been around 8 hours.

    ReplyDelete