Tuesday, July 7, 2009

How Time Flies


On Saturday June 27 I went to visit my friend Marzena and her son Nicholas. I cannot believe how big he has gotten. It is hard to believe that he is over 4 months and he is so adorable! I am also astonoshing at the toys that are coming out for babies now! This neat little jumper does all sorts of things. I remember when there were those old jumpers that you attached to the roof. Those things must have been so unsafe!

4 comments:

  1. Is Nicholas ever cute! The old jumpers were safe, as long as they were attached properly! None of my kids ever fell, but I do agree that today's are much safer and there's so much for the kids to play with! Technology eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big he is either. He was so tiny the last time I saw him. A very cute baby.

    I find it interesting how things are so much "safer" now. When you think about it though, we all survived just fine. I think a little of it is over the top... but then again I'm sure I wouldn't think so if it was my own kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he's really grown fast! He's adorable!

    When we were raising kids some things were definitely unsafe - like the walkers (Christine fell down a flight of about 6 steps in one of those when she was 9 months old!) but we didn't know any better. We just assumed that if they sold them, they were safe. :-)

    And there were no car seats. We either held the babies in our arms, laid them down on the seat or had a fancy "car bed" for them. A car bed was nothing more than a vinyl rectangular shaped thing with a thin mattress and handles. Nothing attached to anything in the car. I don't think we even had seat belts in cars back then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be neat to see one of those fancy car beds.

    ReplyDelete