
My sister Angie's daughter Izabella turned 5 on June 30, however we went to Chuck E Cheese on July 2. This is not a place to go if you have a head ache, but the kids sure love it! They all had a blast running around and playing games. Of course I had to try bowling as well. She had this awesome cake that was made out of cupcakes. It was so soft and fresh that I probably could have eaten 3 of them. When I was growing up we went to Bullwinkles for birthdays. I personally think that Bullwinkles is far superior to Chuck E Cheese and it is too bad that they had to shut it down.
Already 5! Wow, time sure is passing by quickly! I agree that Bullwinkles was a fantastic place for kids parties, I much preferred it over Chuck E Cheese or as Derek used to call it ""Chuck n cheese".
ReplyDeleteI miss Bullwinkles too. Those cupcakes were awesome. The icing was so high though that it was getting all over my nose.
ReplyDeletemmmmmmmmm those sound like good cupcakes. :-) I don't know if any of my kids had birthdays at Bullwinkles or McDonalds - I think we were too poor for that back then. I only remember "home" parties with hot dogs, chips, cake (their favourite was money cake) and ice-cream. I don't think they hold it against me though. lol
ReplyDeleteCute picture of your niece. I loved being 5, I remember it as a magical age. Yes...I can still remember it! :-)
And money cake is probably unsafe too. I would make a cake and wrap coins in wax paper and tuck those coins all over the cake before icing it. I didn't do that every year, sometimes I bought (or made) a theme cake. Michael still wanted a money cake when he turned 17 or 18. lol
ReplyDeleteI never had a money cake but I have been to parties where there was one and they were very exciting. As a parent were you watching closely to make sure the kids didn't choke?
ReplyDeleteYes, I warned them in advance that there was money in the cake and to break apart their piece of cake before eating it to check for money. They had no problem with that but I still watched.
ReplyDeleteOMG MONEY CAKE! I almost forgot about that. What a great idea, now I want one too!
ReplyDelete