Tonight we went to the Oilers game against San Jose. We lost, but at least I got a picture of my favorite cold pop guy! I look for him every time I go and will often be caught by Shayne scouring the stands for him instead of watching the game! Now he sells cotton candy, but he used to sell "cold pop". He inherited the name because of the way he yells cooooold POP. He sort of scrunches his face like a rabbit while he says cold and then....when he says pop.....his eyebrows raise and his whole face lights up like he is soo relieved that something popped out of him! Shayne and I burst into laughter everytime we see him! He did not come near our seats so this picture is a little blurry, but at least I have one!Friday, January 9, 2009
Cold Pop Guy
Tonight we went to the Oilers game against San Jose. We lost, but at least I got a picture of my favorite cold pop guy! I look for him every time I go and will often be caught by Shayne scouring the stands for him instead of watching the game! Now he sells cotton candy, but he used to sell "cold pop". He inherited the name because of the way he yells cooooold POP. He sort of scrunches his face like a rabbit while he says cold and then....when he says pop.....his eyebrows raise and his whole face lights up like he is soo relieved that something popped out of him! Shayne and I burst into laughter everytime we see him! He did not come near our seats so this picture is a little blurry, but at least I have one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ken and I have some nicknames for people too. There was "the smoker". He always had a smoke in his hand when he was out walking in our old neighbourhood. He would bring his cigarette up to his mouth real slow, take a drag and then bring his hand down again real slow. Every drag was quite a ritual.
ReplyDeleteAnd then there was "the book man". We used to see him buying books from garage sales all the time and he had a regular table at a flea market...filled with books.
There are more but I can't remember them right now.
So I can relate to your "cold pop guy". :-) It's great that you were able to get a picture of him.
He's the guy in the bright yellow shirt.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny AJ, nice to see we aren't the only crazies around that do that type of thing.
I love the way that you described your "cold pop guy" I can hear him by the description you wrote! lol
ReplyDelete