Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Blooms


Last year we planted the remainder of the front landscaping. We were very interested to see if everything made it through the winter and if all the plants would bloom. To my surprise all of the plants are still alive. The blue iris' are one of my favorites, but the lilies have not grown in yet so we will have to see (they are located directory behind the tree from this angle). Right underneath the basement window is a new wooden plant bed "thing" that I received from my Papa's house (it was given to me just recently).
This year our goals are to get a cement pad poured for the shed, paint the fence and add more bark chips. I think that this goal is achievable.

4 comments:

  1. I'm really happy with how it turned out. The picture you took doesn't do it justice though. Maybe we should get a camera like Auntie Julie! ;)

    I'm not looking forward to painting the fence that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your yard looks fantastic! Good job both of you. Sandy it is always scary starting out gardening and planting, it seems that no plants could or would survive our harsh winters yet they do come back which is fantastic to see!
    I'm sure that you will get to your summer projects, the biggest one is painting the fence and here's a suggestion for you, buy or rent a sprayer. The job goes way faster then using a brush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think that I am going to look into renting one of those machines, but from what I remember it was really expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did this yourselves? It looks beautiful! How big will that tree grow and how big was it when you bought it? Your house is beige? For some reason I thought it was blue.

    ReplyDelete