I went for an ultrasound on Tuesday July 21 and discovered that I had a cyst on my left ovary that may need to be relieved before the fertility treatment can continue. The clinic recommended that I go to Calgary on July 25 to get blood work and an ultrasound to see what this cyst is doing. So on Friday after work off we went.The ultrasound showed good news, the cyst went down on its own and everything was "nice and quiet" which is what we are trying to achieve. So we kinda hung around Calgary for a bit waiting for the blood work results and then at about 12:15 they phoned with more good news. The blood work showed that my body is finally in chemical menopause and we can start the new medicine on Sunday. I found out that now I will have 3 different injections per day and I am not to happy about that! The medicine that I am on includes: a Luvarus injection, a Gonal -f injection, a Lupron injection, an antibiotic, a baby aspirin and a prenatal vitamin. I take all of this everyday and I kinda feel like a druggie!
On Monday I started to prepare for Calgary and started giving the injections to myself. I really don't like doing this but I really have no choice.
Sandy, like I've mentioned before, you are brave and courageous to be doing all that you are. I admire you not only for your courage but for your beauty, both internally and externally. You bring sunshine and happiness into many lives, especially my son's and for this I thank you. I'd love to give you a huge hug right now... here's a virtual one for you, best I can do at the moment! (( )) double hugs! I love you Sandy, take care and enjoy your time, I heard that you have some awesome chick flicks, now that should be good! :-)
ReplyDeleteI'd give the needles to myself if I could! Hang in there honey, the silver lining is that you are over half way to the finish of all the needles. Almost there! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Darlene!
ReplyDeleteWow...what a huge process! You definitely are brave to go through this! I hope and pray that this process is going to be successful! Must be costing a fortune for this kind of treatment!
ReplyDeleteYes this process costs anywhere from $7000.00 to $10, 000.00. We are lucky that the drugs are covered by our plan.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you Sandy. You are definitely very courageous and strong. You have shown dedication and diligence throughout this whole process even though it hasn't been easy. I know that you are going to make a wonderful mom.
ReplyDelete