Thursday, August 13, 2009

Three Sisters


This morning we got the call that we were expecting from the embryologist. She said that 17 of the 18 eggs fertilized overnight. We were ecstatic, optimistic, but cautious at the same time. They advised that we should freeze 4 eggs immediately and continue to see where the rest of the 13 lead us. Shayne and I decided to follow their recommendations.
As we go along in the process we are more curious to find out what the problem is. At this point we know that there is no problem with eggs or the fertilization of the eggs. Maybe there is a problem with development or implantation? Only time will tell.
This evening we decided to go to Canmore and have a massage and dinner there to celebrate. We went to the same pasta place that we went to last year ( and you know that is is fantastic when we go to a pasta place for a second time). Luna Blue is the name of the restaurant and I would highly recommend it if you are in the mood for pasta.
This mountain range is famous in Canmore and is called the three sisters. It is not a visit in Canmore without appreciating this mountain range.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Your blog hasn't been coming up on my dashboard and I was wondering how you were doing! That is awesome that so many eggs fertilized!

    I love reading what is happening, step by step and would like to thank you Sandy for sharing this experience.

    How wonderful to have a massage and to go out to a place you enjoy for dinner! I love your photo, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 17 out of 18 was amazing news. I remember before thinking we'd be happy to have 8 out of 12! Having some frozen already is a nice insurance policy as well. We're down the home stretch now, almost there. I'm sure you must be glad you don't have any more injections as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture! It sure is amazing to be able to share in this experience with you by looking at your pictures and reading your journalling! I'm still hoping and praying that your dream of being parents will come true.

    ReplyDelete