In the spring Shayne and I saw two huge bumps in the front landscaping. I had no idea what is was but Shayne encouraged me to reach under the fabric layer and pull out what was under. I was really nervous and thought that it might be a snake, but I proceeded. It was the lilies! We could not believe how much they had grown with no sun under the fabric. Unfortunately, while pulling them out I broke one of them. I was really disappointed, but I will know for next year.Two of the four lilies on the surviving stock have finally bloomed. They are huge and each lily is about the size of my hand.
Beautiful! I love the colors in this lily!
ReplyDeleteIt was sort of funny actually. This we the first spring with our new perennials so we had no idea what to expect!
ReplyDeleteThey look awesome though!
What if it would have been a BIG spider?! jk :-) Yep, now you will know for next year - and these are beautiful lillies!
ReplyDelete