
Today is retrieval day. I was scared, nervous and excited all in the same breath. This is where they get you all ready before you go into the surgery room. Shayne was allowed to be in this room with me so he held my hand while I got the IV. Then I was off to the surgery room where I recieved all of the great drugs! They had a camera on the end of the probe ( just like the ultrasound machines) and a large tv so that I could see the eggs being retrieved. I watched the first couple of them get retrieved and after that I just talked the entire time with the nurse about what our plans for the next few days were. They did give me more medicine than usual because my left ovary is stuck to the top of my uterus ( which makes retrieval a little more difficult). I am a little disappointed that I didn't watch the whole thing, but at least I got to see some of it.
They were able to retrieve 18 eggs in total. It is a little more than we were expecting, so that is good. Now we just have to wait and see how many will fertilize.
They were able to retrieve 18 eggs in total. It is a little more than we were expecting, so that is good. Now we just have to wait and see how many will fertilize.
After the surgery the nurse mentioned you were telling them about your dream where they gave you an IV in the side of the head. Sounds like the drugs were doing their job for sure! ;)
ReplyDeleteI was so excited to hear about 18 eggs and that they were pretty mature. Quality over quantity (although nothing wrong with both I suppose)!
IV in the side of the head?! lol Must have been some good drugs! :-)
ReplyDeleteI've heard of couples going through this but I had nooooooooooo idea of the details of the process. I find it absolutely amazing!