These knives are in my top 5 favorite things. We got them from Darlene for Christmas this past year and I am soo happy with them. They are Henkle knives and they are the best knives that I have ever used. I am still shocked every time I cut something. The other day I spent about an hour chopping vegetables for the week and I did not even mind much. You all know how much I hate cooking, but these knives make it just a little more fun! I have alot to learn about when to use what knife and how to chop fast! Pray for my fingers!!Friday, January 16, 2009
Henkel Knives
These knives are in my top 5 favorite things. We got them from Darlene for Christmas this past year and I am soo happy with them. They are Henkle knives and they are the best knives that I have ever used. I am still shocked every time I cut something. The other day I spent about an hour chopping vegetables for the week and I did not even mind much. You all know how much I hate cooking, but these knives make it just a little more fun! I have alot to learn about when to use what knife and how to chop fast! Pray for my fingers!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I thought a knife was a knife. Wow was I ever wrong! They are really amazing.
ReplyDeleteI love how when you pull them out of the block they make that "shhhhczwiiing" sound like in the movies. I guess it must have something to do with being really forged metal.
It makes me feel like I'm cutting things with a mini samurai sword!
I agree, they are the best knives ever, I've been using them since the early 1980s (but got a new complete set at Costco maybe 8 or 10 years ago) and I don't know what I'd do without them! Always keep your fingers curled whenever you're chopping anything Sandy because they could seriously slice off the tip of a finger in a flash. They just need to be sharpened once in a while (if you don't have a sharpener, you can get one esp for Henkels knives at Home Outfitters) and they'll last you a lifetime. I love seeing what people's favourite things are!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you both are enjoying the knives! Shayne I love your sound effects here and I'm so glad that you now realize that a knife is not just a knife!
ReplyDeleteSandy it sounds like you are turning into quite the cook, I'm proud of you both, you've both come such a long way in the kitchen from when I first stayed with you! You're both turning into quite the cooks and Shayne, you just name the date and the time and omlette cook off it is! lol
Omelet cookoff? Um...did I miss something? Count me in - I just have to know when and where.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your mom/Darlene doesn't like onions so I'm already a step ahead. :-)
Yes Darlene did get us a sharpener as well, but how often should I do this?
ReplyDeleteOk...who is going to host the omlette cook off?