Today I was very mad!!! Shayne was telling me last night that there was a very big build up of ice on our sidewalk. Of couse I didn't believe him and and today I set out with the pick to clear it. He was right...there was up to 2 inches of ice in certain spots! I tried to clear a little bit, and when I realized that I couldn't, I set out to get some de-icer. Would you belive that I could not find any? I think that I will have to get some sand or something! I'll post when I have it cleared.Monday, January 19, 2009
A Sidewalk made of Ice
Today I was very mad!!! Shayne was telling me last night that there was a very big build up of ice on our sidewalk. Of couse I didn't believe him and and today I set out with the pick to clear it. He was right...there was up to 2 inches of ice in certain spots! I tried to clear a little bit, and when I realized that I couldn't, I set out to get some de-icer. Would you belive that I could not find any? I think that I will have to get some sand or something! I'll post when I have it cleared.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, that sure is a whack load of ice! And here I thought that it was tough clearing it off just the front step here!
ReplyDeleteSome of the sidewalks I walk on to get to my bus in the morning were just like this, very slick and slippery. You have to be careful how you walk on this stuff...that bit of crunchy snow on the side helps a lot.
ReplyDeleteHow's the ice chipping going Sandy, do you have it beat yet? In time for another round it looks like unfortunately, Winter's back today... :-(
ReplyDelete