The other day I put some canned green and yellow beans in the microwave to heat up. As soon as I pushed start I heard this sort of pop noise. I wasn't sure what it was and after the 2 minutes, I took out the beans to find out that they are still cold. I tried another 2 minutes and sure enough, the microwave was broken. This microwave came with the house when we built it and so it of course did not have any extended warranty. They said that one part is covered for 5 years, but it does not include the labour. Shayne phoned a repair man and they would most likely charge $200.00 and they suggest that it just isn't worth it, so its goodbye old microwave!Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Goodbye Old Microwave
The other day I put some canned green and yellow beans in the microwave to heat up. As soon as I pushed start I heard this sort of pop noise. I wasn't sure what it was and after the 2 minutes, I took out the beans to find out that they are still cold. I tried another 2 minutes and sure enough, the microwave was broken. This microwave came with the house when we built it and so it of course did not have any extended warranty. They said that one part is covered for 5 years, but it does not include the labour. Shayne phoned a repair man and they would most likely charge $200.00 and they suggest that it just isn't worth it, so its goodbye old microwave!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey coooool, our microwave burnt out this year too (the box the new one came in was one of my pics in January). lol You'll find out very soon that it's impossible to live without one! :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how much we rely on our microwave. We feel lost without it! Everything has oven instructions, but that takes soooooooooo long. Might as well use a camp fire! ;)
ReplyDeleteI know! I don't know how I ever lived without one...didn't get my first microwave until about the mid 80s. It was HUGE and it cost about $825 - I think I still have the receipt. :-)
ReplyDeleteNot the microwave! Shayne back in the day we never even owned a microwave and you survived! That's insane $200 to fix it, you can buy a brand new one cheaper than that! My, my, what is the repair business doing out there, hanging out with the Maytag Repair Man?
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, the over the range models cost way more than regular ones.
ReplyDelete