
Even though all of the town buildings remain, they are all abandoned except for the post office across the street from this store. My Dad told us that the Gagne homestead was just a little down the road from this store. I wish that I had known at the time because I would have taken a picture of the property even though the house is not there anymore.
What a rustic picture. This looks like it belongs on a postcard for sure!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic photo, I love it! Did your Mom and Dad live out that way in the past?
ReplyDeleteMy Gandpa did. There is a whole road called Gagne Ave in North Battleford. The only people that lived on this street were the Gagne's. Jackfish lake is very close to North Battleford and my Great Grandma and Gradpa along with many other relatives lived right beside the lake in a little town called Cochin. So I gather that there is alot of Gagne history in that whole area of Sask.
ReplyDeleteLove it, love it, love it!!!
ReplyDeleteSo cool Sandy, so your family has land there still and this is where you go `camping`É ok so why does this É come up instead of a question mark, do you have any ideaÉ lol
ReplyDeletelove it!
ReplyDelete