Friday, May 8, 2009

OMG, I Didn't Just Do That.......



On Thursday May 7th my work had a "working session" at Gateway Bowling with pizza and pop. The Auto Tech guys joined us as well as my bosses boss. I spent alot of time telling everyone how bad I was at bowling so that noone would be shocked when they saw a 60 score. My manager Lynn decided who was going to be on what team and entered all of our names in the system. My team included myself, our team lead Sherry and our intern Trevor. The team next to me was my Manager, and 2 Auto Tech guys. So it came time to start bowling and I was really nervous because I really don't know these people all that well. My manager and I were the first to bowl so she asked me to bowl first. So I stood there and concentrated really hard and thought to myself, please don't make a fool of yourself. So I posed and then threw the ball..........the ball.....bounced off the center part and then into Lynns lane!! How embarrassing...I threw the ball into the wrong lane! I did let her throw one in my lane. I was sooo embarrassed, but it did give everyone a laugh and it broke the ice a little! Then I ended up looking like a liar because I got 4 strikes and 1 spare in that game. It was a really fun time and great to see everyone enjoying themselves.

3 comments:

  1. Even though you've already told me this story, I still laughed again while reading this. Very funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that's so funny! Now they won't believe you and they must have thought that you were messing around on the first ball when you started getting your strikes! Awesome bowling Sandy!

    It sure sounds like you work with a great bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a classic Sandy...hilarious way to start off - and then what a dramatic turnaround! What a fun "working session"! :-)

    ReplyDelete