Friday, August 7, 2009

The Old Apartment

My sister Angie and her kids came on Wednesday to spend some time with me in Calgary. The first day they were here we swam in the hotel pool and then went to Canmore for some ice cream. The little kids have never seen the mountains so they were in awe. Before we left we took the scary drive up the mountain ( the nordic court road) so that they could really appreciate how big the mountain was. I kinda chuckled when Izabella said, " I think that I am a little bit scared Mommy"!
On Thursday morning I had an appointment at the clinic and everything appears to be moving along. The new dose is working fine and the follicles are increasing in size. It does look like the retrieval date will need to be moved though. Who knows, things change daily!
After my appointment at the clinic we all went to the zoo. It rained a little, but it was good because it was not that busy. We walked for over 3 hours to get through the zoo and we really did not cover everything. The Calgary zoo is one big zoo for sure.
When we were done at the zoo Angie and the kids went home and I decided to stop at our old apartment. Considering the house that we have now it is hard to imagine that we ever lived here! Our apartment was the one on the top left hand side. It was less than 600 square feet and we could not even fit a kitchen table in it. Money was not plentiful back then and this is what we could afford. We did have some good times here and this is Tuckers first home. We did not keep him here long though as he has to much energy for a little apartment!

3 comments:

  1. That's so cool that Angie came to Calgary to spend some time with you and sounds like you had a great time! This apartment is unreal, so tiny! Although I think that it is good to go back and revisit the past, it sure helps me realize how much I have to be grateful for today!

    I am keeping you in my prayers Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a dive that place was! Even so, I do have some great memories from there for sure.

    Glad to hear the trip that Angie made up went great. Looking forward to seeing you tonight honey, I've missed you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool to see your old apartment. You two have been very successful in such a short time.

    Great to hear that the follicles are increasing in size! Wishing and praying for your dream to come true!

    Wonderful that your sister went for a visit. Sounds like you did a lot of fun things while she was there. So cute what Izabella said. I'd be a whole LOT scared!

    And it's great that Shayne was able to go for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete