
I will officially be laid off next week from my Dad's company. I am really thankful for working for him and I am a little sad because I will miss this life that I have been accustomed to.
I started applying for jobs about a month ago and I was really getting worried that this economy might affect me getting a job. I went for an interview last week and then 3 more interviews ( including a 2nd) this week. The job that called me back for the second interview seemed so perfect for me. Everyone there looked so happy to work there and they all had a smile. The interview went really well and I had alot in common with the supervisor. I seemed to be a perfect candidate, although I did not allow myself to get my hopes up. They said that they would be making a decision later that day ( which was Wednesday) or by latest Thursday. I kept very close to the phone for those two days and even used my cell in case they were calling while I was dialing out. But....no call. I was so disappointed and spent alot of time wondering what went wrong in the interview. I was driving Shayne crazy over analyzing EVERYTHING. Then this morning.......I got the call. They offered me the position! I seriously did the happy happy joy joy dance!
Oh...and this folder holds all the luck, maybe we will pass it on to whoever needs luck in an interview.
Good for you Sandy!! I am so extremely happy for you that you got the job you wanted! My heart was sinking as I was reading your journaling, then all of a sudden it skipped a bunch of beats... I am very, very excited for you! Congrats!!!
ReplyDeletepssst, it's not the folder, it's your charm and skills! :-)
I just might be asking to borrow that folder one day though! lol
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Joy Joy!!!
ReplyDeleteWow Sandy - I'm sorry that you have to give up the life you've become accustomed to. It might be a bit of an adjustment but I'm sure you'll enjoy your new job. It's awesome that it's a government job!
ReplyDeleteAnd it sounds like you'll be really close to me (I'm in the TD tower and often walk to Staples to buy printer ink and photo paper). Maybe we can get together and go to Ricky's for lunch once in a while. How about East Indian food - do you like that? There's Hawelli's just a couple blocks over too and they have a smorg at lunch. :-)
AJ- It was only for an interview downtown. My building is actually in the university area. It would probably be to far for a lunch during the week but maybe on a weekend it would be nice to get together!
ReplyDeleteI love East Indian food!