I have now mastered my apple pie and now I have a new challenge. In my family the tradition for every holiday is that my Dad makes pies using my Grandma Gagne's recipes. My Dad and I are the only ones who eat this butterscotch pie, but it just would not be a holiday without it. I guess that it reminds me of my Grandma who I miss dearly.Last year I tried to make it for the first time and it turned out like soup. This year it was alot better. The taste was spot on, but it was still a little on the soft side. My Dad has advised me on my mistake and I hope that it is even better next year.
Pie soup is better than hamburger helper soup ;)
ReplyDeleteReally though, you have mastered your apple pie. It's sooooo good! I'm sure you'll have this pie mastered soon too.
It just makes me think, you are really turning into a great cook honey!
Wow, I don't even do pies anymore Sandy! Good for you, now I know who to ask to make the pies if the occassion ever calls for them! :-) Way to go Sandy!
ReplyDeleteHamburger helper soup? LOL
ReplyDeletePies can definitely be a challenge...especially the crust. Do you make yours from scratch? I haven't made a pie in forever and your picture makes me want to make one again.
This also reminds me of a time when I made 2 apple pies. We were living in our last house and I had them cooling on the dining room table. We were downstairs watching a movie. Little Bear was down there with us too but he kept running upstairs and back down, licking his lips everytime he came back to sit with us. Finally, I got suspicious and followed him upstairs - and discovered that he'd eaten half of each pie and was going back for more!! Why couldn't he have just eaten one whole pie and left the other for us? :-)