Shayne and I are both really hard to buy for and WE don't even usually know what to buy each other. However, when I got my bonsai ( see earlier post) from Shayne, I did alot of research on how to care for it. I found out that there was all sorts of cultish people that grow these things and that some people take this very seriously. I discovered that they recommended to purchase special bonsai scissors to trim it. I really did not think that it was necessary as they are really expensive, so I trimmed the leaves and branches with snips. Well, my bonsai never really fully recovered and you could see months later where I had trimmed. I always wanted to get one pair of scissors so that I could do a proper job. Then......guess what I got for my birthday from Shayne...... a whole set! I was so excited to get trimming that I started that night and it looks much better now.Thursday, April 23, 2009
What Do I Want for my Birthday?
Shayne and I are both really hard to buy for and WE don't even usually know what to buy each other. However, when I got my bonsai ( see earlier post) from Shayne, I did alot of research on how to care for it. I found out that there was all sorts of cultish people that grow these things and that some people take this very seriously. I discovered that they recommended to purchase special bonsai scissors to trim it. I really did not think that it was necessary as they are really expensive, so I trimmed the leaves and branches with snips. Well, my bonsai never really fully recovered and you could see months later where I had trimmed. I always wanted to get one pair of scissors so that I could do a proper job. Then......guess what I got for my birthday from Shayne...... a whole set! I was so excited to get trimming that I started that night and it looks much better now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I didn't know bonsai's had to be trimmed and also didn't know you could buy special trimmers to do the job. I've learned so much this year from everyone's posts! :-)
ReplyDeleteKen and I never know what to buy for each other either, so we basically just buy for ourselves - what we want, when we want, and don't bother much with birthdays or Christmas anymore (other than a nice card). Works for us.
Wow, who would have thought? It looks very interesting, I'm going to have to get you to show me how to trim a bonsi next time I'm over, you never know when I finally get out of this house what sort of plants I might buy next!
ReplyDeleteI was pretty surprised at just how many different tools there are for one little plant!
ReplyDelete