Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cochin Hill


This is Cochin Hill. When my Dad was a kid he used to come to Cochin to visit his Grandma and Grandpa and to go to Jack Fish Lake. They were a very poor family so this was a very big treat to them. Back then there was no stairs and the kids would climb it 3-4 times a day.
Every time I go to North Battleford I have to climb this hill. This year I thought that it would be easier because I have quit smoking for over a year. NOT! My lungs were just as tired. Maybe a little less wheezing, but that is about it.

Just behind that house across the street is where my Great Grandma and Great Grandpa used to live. My Great Uncle Ken took my Dad to see the foundation last year but I guess that you have to be really careful of cellars.
This is the light house at the top of Cochin Hill. I keep saying that I want to come at night to see it lit up, but we never make it.

4 comments:

  1. It really looks beautiful there Sandy, for some reason I've never imagined Saskatchewan to look so beautiful and what great memories for your Dad. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chickened out and didn't climb it this time. It really is a lot of stairs. These are some great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely great pictures and such a treat to learn all this about your family!

    ReplyDelete