Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ales Hamster

During Shayne's birthday game on April 4, we happen to sit next to a crazier Oilers fan ( if there is such a thing) than Shayne. This lady had the most adorable dancing hampster that I have ever seen. When you squeeze his foot he dances and sings the hockey song. As I asked questions I learned just how compulsive this lady really was. As you can see, this hampster sits on her lap during games and the button on his foot can ONLY be pressed after the Oilers score. There was other superstitions as well that were included in the hampster box. One time as she was walking with her Oilers bag, the Oilers scored and a stick dropped in the bag. As a result, the stick needed to be in the box with Ales Hamster. There was other memorbila as well. I asked her where she got this Hampster as I thought that it would make a great addition to the Oilers room. She said that you could probably not get one anymore and offered to send us one because she had 4. We gave her some money in good faith and just hoped that she would. Then....this week.......



Ales Hamster came in along with some photos of her collection AND a list of rules. Here is what the attached note said word for word:

Hi Guys,

I hope Ales Hamster II gives you as much fun as I have had. There are rules however that must be strictly followed.

1) During the game the toe can only be pressed when EDM. scores

2) No one can ever press the toe when there is not a game on. NOT even in the off season.

3) When there is a game on, only the designated toe presser can touch the hamster and whatever other "Mojo" you place near the Hamster. I myself have all the stuff you saw with my hamster + I also have a 2" Oiler player holding up a Stanley Cup. His name is of course "Stanley".

If, God forbid, someone does do the unthinkable + press or touch the Hamster, you must

a) live with it + die just a little inside

b) have a full blown kanipshen fit

c) counter act somehow ( the choice is yours)

d) kill the scumbag that did it

e) all of the above

Have fun + maybe we'll meet again at another game.

GO OILERS!

We plan to try and uphold the rules and hope that this will help bring the Oilers to the playoffs next year!

3 comments:

  1. LMAO at the rules but what a cute hampster! See there are still some good people left in the world that you can trust, even the obsessed (putting it mildly) Oilers fan who did send you Ales II. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still am in awe.

    Simply legendary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a crazier Oilers' fan than Shayne? Nooooooo way! I'd love to know what you had to pay for Mr. Good Luck Oiler Hampster ...will you tell us? The rules are unbelievably funny. Oops, maybe I shouldn't say that here - sorry Shayne. I'm sure you and your lucky hampster will help the Oilers' get into the playoffs next season, and maybe even win the Stanley Cup!! :-)

    ReplyDelete