Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bug Eyes

This is a horrible picture of me and it looks at lot worse than it was! After the ( and even during) surgery, I had NO pain and no problems at all. My eyes were a little tingley and they sort of felt like there was an eyelash in the corner. They advised that you go home and sleep for a few hours, but I am not much of a sleeper. I just talked on the phone and listened to the tv with my eyes closed. Then they recommend that you wear night guards so that you do not scratch your eyes in the middle of the night. I actually did not notice them at all throughout the night.

The next day after the surgery, I went for my follow up appointment. We were there about 15 minutes and I went through the typical chart exams. I now have 20/20 vision without my glasses. I have never been so excited and happy with my eyes. I cannot even believe the freedom that I have already experience. We went shopping for regular sunglasses today and then went to see Star Trek. Even movies look better! It is absolutely amazing and I am SOOO happy that I have done this.


I do have to thank Shayne for taking care of me, I appreciated it!

7 comments:

  1. Right on!! This is so amazing, I thought that you had to wear patches or something for a week, see how little I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sandy! I was wondering how your procedure went so I'm glad you shared this experience with us, it's sooooooo interesting! I'm shocked that the recovery time seems so short and basically uneventful (even though the picture looks a little intimidating)!

    I can't even imagine how wonderful it must feel for you to have 20/20 vision now - how incredibly exciting!! I admire you for being able to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem honey, you helped me out last year when I had mine. I'm glad I could help. I'm just so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy how are your eyes now that a few days have passed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last night they were a little scratchy. But I kind of expected it after a full day of work and then shopping for groceries. This morning they feel great again. I think that I just need to learn to take it easy and rest my eyes a little more throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing what modern technology offers us today isn't it? How does it feel to not have to find the glasses before you head out the door? I find myself doing that occassionally now! Something I hoped would never happen... oh well such is life! I hope that the scratchy feelings have gone away for you now and that you've rested your eyes enough now to allow them to adjust!
    Will you be posting photos from your long weekend? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel back to normal now. It is really wierd and awesome not having glasses. Sometimes I will go to push them up like a used to!

    I will be posting some pics from the weekend soon, we have just been REALLY busy!

    ReplyDelete